You probably need to be a bit of a dick to be a billionaire. Whether you’re a Mac or a PC person, you probably have a few opinions of its OS maker. How well do you hate your guy, or the other guy? And even more, can you figure out why you hate them? Can this make you hate them a little more? See if you can match the quote to Steve Jobs or Bill Gates
1. I want to put a ding in the universe.
2. I was worth over $1,000,000 when I was 23, and over $10,000,000 when I was 24, and over $100,000,000 when I was 25, and it wasn’t that important because I never did it for the money.
3. [My company] is not about greed. It’s about innovation and fairness.
4. My job is to not be easy on people. My job is to make them better.
5. If I’d had some set idea of a finish line, don’t you think I would have crossed it years ago?
6. If you’re asking whether I intentionally mess up my hair, no, I don’t.
7. The Japanese have hit the shores like dead fish. They’re just like dead fish washing up on the shores.
8. 640K ought to be enough for anybody.
9. Unfortunately, people are not rebelling against [other company]. They don’t know any better.
10. We made the buttons on the screen look so good you’ll want to lick them.
11. Since when has the world of computer software design been about what people want?
12. If you can’t make it good, at least make it look good.
13. There are people who don’t like capitalism, and people who don’t like PCs. But there’s no-one who likes the PC who doesn’t like Microsoft.
14. [Other guy]‘d be a broader guy if he had dropped acid once or gone off to an ashram when he was younger.
15. I have 100 billion dollars… You realize I could spend 3 million dollars a day, every day, for the next 100 years?
16. The only problem with [competitor] is they just have no taste. They have absolutely no taste. And I don’t mean that in a small way, I mean that in a big way, in the sense that they don’t think of original ideas, and they don’t bring much culture into their products.
17. People everywhere love Windows.
18. Click. Boom. Amazing!
Answer – 1. Jobs, 2. Jobs, 3. Gates. 4. Jobs, 5. Gates, 6. Gates, 7. Jobs, 8. Gates, 9. Jobs, 10. Jobs, 11. Gates, 12. Gates, 13. Gates, 14. Jobs, 15. Gates, 16. Jobs, 17. Gates, 18. Jobs